The International Society for Extracellular Vesicles (ISEV2021) is an annual event that offers an opportunity to learn, teach, and network with leading and emerging experts in the EV research. The event will be celebrated from the 18th to the 21st of May. This year they are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the first meeting and BOW will contribute to it in a wide variety of ways.
BOW partners will participate in the event with two scientific oral sessions and four oral posters/poster sessions.
The selected oral sessions:
- Set-up of multi-parametric analytical assays for quantification, quality control and surrogate potency testing of helminth EVs (from evFOUNDRY project, Francesca Loria, co-authored by Hansabiomed Life Sciences, Aarhus, CSGI-University of Brescia)
- AFM-based high throughput mechanical characterization of single EVs from different natural sources (from evFOUNDRY project, Andrea Ridolfi, authored by CNR-ISMN, CSGI-University of Florence, CSGI-University of Brescia, Uu. Aarhus, University of Utrecht, Hansabiomed Life Sciences);
Oral posters/poster sessions:
- Immunological surface markers of small and large extracellular vesicles from plasma of ALS patients (PhD. Daisy Sproviero, co-authored by IRCCS Mondino Foundation and CSGI-University of Brescia)
- Extracellular Vesicles in Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: deconstructing the fibroblast secretome to define bioactive molecules and disease mechanisms
(PhD. Miriam Romano, authored by University of Brescia)
- Pre-processing of bovine milk to clear casein micelles can influence the colloidal and functional properties of milk extracellular vesicles (from evFOUNDRY project, PhD. Martijn van Herwijnen, co-authored by University of Utrecht, CNR-ISMN, CSGI-University of Florence, CSGI-University of Brescia).
- Nanoalgosomes: microalgae-derived extracellular vesicles in in vitro and in vivo cellular uptake studies (from VES4US project, PhD. Giorgia Adamo, co-authored by CNR and ITSligo).
For some contributions the studies have been granted by evFOUNDRY and VES4US, two EVs study projects under the same topic and category as BOW and collaboration projects.
This year, we are proud to have our partner Dr. Antonella Bongiovanni in the International Organizing Committee (IOC); she and Annalisa Radeghieri are also going to chair two “hot-topic” concurred and on-demand oral sessions titled: “At the heart of EVs” and “Bone Repair”.
Join us and over 1000 people who have already registered for this 3-day live-streamed, virtual event.